Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Leaving Spain

Ugh. I finally found a flight yesterday after a lot of hassle. I had to stay in Seville for another night, though, which was ok, because it relaxed me and now I don´t hate the city as much as I did, though this trip has been the most nerve-wracking thing of my life. Traveling would be so much easier if I could just chill and not have to worry about schedules and flights and making it back for class. I don´t think I want to take any more weekend trips, and now I´m pretty darn nervous about traveling with Kathryn and Becca for a week, but I think that it will be different.

Doing the touristy, hostely thing is much easier when you aren´t trying to meet up with someone that lives in the city and wants to do things the nontouristy way. It was just awkward really, coming from two so very different perspectives on what to do in the city. The whole constantly lost thing didn´t help. Or feeling constantly that the city was so peligroso and that I was going to be mugged at any minute by someone coming from any direction. I definitely lucked out with how safe Copenhagen and Denmark are. I never feel afraid there.

I did have a great time for part of the time I was here. The beach was amazing and gorgeous and wonderful. Nights on the town were interesting and inexpensive and I think it´s pretty cool that I got to hang out with a bunch of professional flamenco dancers. (They spoke a little English, I speak a little Spanish, so it worked out much better than me trying to talk to other Spaniards.) Even walking around on my own was usually pretty cool. The buildings here are so old and impressive and the architecture seems uniquely Spanish. Everything is so bright here, and while I don´t like the way of life here, I can respect it, I guess.

Anyway I´m using the one hostel computer so I feel I should go and leave it for other travelers. Off to the aeropuerto. Back in CPH around 9 p.m. tonight, finally.

Thanks to all of you for being so helpful and supportive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home