Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Monday, September 18, 2006

The horror! The horror!

So, I may be in Denmark, but this doesn't mean I don't closely follow (read: stalk) many of my friends from home, especially thanks to Facebook's crack feed.

And what did I see today? Pictures of Lindsay McSomething (not McCarley, she was in Meredith's year...real churchy type...) giving birth. Well, no action shots, thank God, but her in the hospital with her husband (?)...and her baby.

I mean, I didn't think anything of it when people I knew had babies in high school and when they have them out of wedlock. People in Waxahachie either don't use condoms and birth control, or something in the water renders them ineffective, so I'm used to hearing about people having babies and getting pregnant and all those sorts of things.

But for someone I went to high school with for three years to be married and having a baby? It defies all logic. She can't be older than 22. Who the hell is responsible enough at 22 to have a husband and a child? Well, a husband, a child and a life, at least.

I fear most that this is just the beginning of an awful decade of my life, when my friends will get married and I will go to wedding after wedding, and then baby shower after baby shower and soon enough my life will consist only of searching through gift registries when I'm not sleeping.

Maybe living far away from all my friends will be a good thing, as it's usually a pretty good excuse for not going to things.

Oh, and on another unrelated note - you can either take solace or find disappointment in that I am having far less of a crazy time here than some of my friends who are abroad. Amie, for example, spent an entire day drinking then decided to get a tattoo of a dragon. Except it turned out to be a unicorn. No, I'm serious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home