Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

some more pics from the weekend

This past weekend was pretty fun. You already heard about Saturday with the Danes, but Friday night DIS had a party at a bar called Den Glade Gris, the Happy Pig. It was packed wall-to-wall on both levels (there was also a coat check on the third floor! Groovy!) with drunk Americans thanks to happy hour prices.

The dance floors are so funny because they all have disco balls, and in fact, the places with the biggest lines on the weekend are discoteques (?sp). They think what I consider to be a bar is boring! At least, according to Ronni, who is my unofficial official expert on all things Danish, since I can't trust some of the texts I've been reading. (One said that Danish children work spare-time jobs from the age of 7. Rather shocked at this, I asked Ronni, who said kids might get paper routes and baby sitting jobs at 13, but never 7.)

Anyway, at the Happy Pig, I don't know if they were trying to save money or accomodate tall people, but they had two half-disco balls. I laughed.

At the Happy Pig:

Side note on this picture: Dude, my hair was like, in ringlets. Kinda sweet. Especially since when I plugged in my hair straightener, it started SMOKING.


This is Ronni:

He has exceptionally bad taste in American music (Incubus, Alice in Chains, Slipknot and Korn even! But then again he also likes Norwegian metal.), but some good taste in Danish music. Check out the bands "Mew" and "Kashmir" if you can. Good stuff!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home