Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Random CPH pix.

Just a few pics from around Copenhagen, for fun.



I pass this church every day on my way to "school." I didn't have my wide-angle lens on me and I was in the plaza right across the street from it, and it's enormous, so apologies but it's in two pictures.

This is one of the "ghetto" trains in Copenhagen. You don't come across them often, usually late at night or during morning rush hour. The other trains are unbelievably nice (I'll take a pic tomorrow for comparison). So clean, like almost everything here.





Danish money. This is something around DKK 3,000, nearly US $700. (No, I don't carry this much money around, I had just gotten there and exchanged $$ and the school gave us most of that money for our bus pass and some food and stuff.)

It looks really normal to me now, but at first I was like, THIS IS PLAY MONEY, DUDE.
And I'm not used to coins being worth real money. Spending 20 kroner feels like spending a quarter, when it's really a little less than $5.


The entrance to Tivoli at night. I'm going to Tivoli 20 Sept, so expect gorgeous pictures!


Copenhagen has SO many statues, all over the place. I need to get better at just taking pictures when I wander around. But I hate seeming touristy. Although, everyone can tell I'm American, it seems.


This is Kongens Nytorv, the literal translation of which is "King's new square." It is absolutely gorgeous. Especially on a sunny day like the day this was, maybe last Wednesday or Thursday. Unbeliveably pretty.


Normally, the weather is dreary and gray. It kinda sucks! And today was chillier than normal. I hope to god there are still a few warm weeks left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home