Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Starstruck

So there I was, at the bus stop across from Copenhagen University's Amager campus, when who do I see? The editor-in-chief of Politiken, which if you guys don't remember from my Dansk Avisen post, is one of the Big Three national papers in Denmark.

I was a little bit nervous, but I waited until he had finished reading an article in the newspaper he had and then I started talking to him about Danish media and Politiken, and he was so nice! We talked for like 5 minutes or so waiting for the bus and then talked all the way from Amager to RĂ„dhusplasen (city center)!

Definitely the highlight of my day, though later I'll post a picture of what I was doing this morning. It's actually been an incredibly fun day. I didn't have class, but I had to come into the city to work on an assignment for my photojournalism class. I was photographing some of the guys that hand out the free newspapers, and in RĂ„dhusplasen, there is an absolute madman, who is so funny. He (frustratingly) loved the camera, too, and posed for it all the time.

Then I ate my lunch overlooking the canals in Christianshavn and then went to part of a European media conference in Amager, where Politiken editor-in-chief was speaking as part of a panel discussing journalistic freedom and media pluralism in Europe, and how they are affected by membership in the EU.

Truly a lovely day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home