Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Another Danish controversy?

Sorry for the lack of posts. My computer, delightful thing that it is, now won't charge at all and so doesn't turn on. So I use the computers at DIS, but they're only available from 8 am to 10 pm my time.

Anyway, just a tiny something interesting before I have to head out to a lecture, when the new newspaper Nyhedsavisen launched on Friday, it broke the story of a group of young politicians from the Danish People's Party having a contest to see who could draw the most humiliating picture of Mohammed. The Muslim world is angry at Denmark again, but the country is hoping to avoid another controversy like last year's by immediately distancing itself from the politicians and Nyhedsavisen and other newspapers have removed the video of the contest.

It will be interesting to see how this evolves.

Will try to post again this weekend, but if that proves unsuccessful, then I'm off for three weeks of travel. My itinerary is:

London Oct 15-20 with my CAC class
Amsterdam Oct 21-25 with KATHRYN!
Milan Oct 25-26 also with KATHRYN!
Stockholm Oct 26, haven't decided if I will stay here for a day or just catch a train back to CPH
Czech Republic Oct 29-Nov 3 with DIS, living in a castle in the forest, going hiking and rock climbing and rappelling and all sorts of fun things, then a day in Prague with DIANE

then probably sleeping foreeeeeever

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home