Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Monday, November 20, 2006

My life is boring. Read about it!

I'm not sure I've ever gotten as much sleep in one weekend as I did in this one. Friday night, I hung out with the girls while they got ready, and when they went in to the city, I went to bed. It was glorious. I went out Saturday night, probably got around 8 hours of sleep, went home, slept for another 6, was awake for about 5 hours and got another 7 hours. I credit this oversleeping with making it to my Monday morning class for the first time since the travel break.

Other than the sleep and me baking cupcakes Saturday, my life isn't too interesting. I was confused about my cupcakes when they came out looking more like blond-bottom cupcakes instead of black-bottom, but Ida cleared up this mystery, explaining I bought chocolate-flavored sugar, not chocolate. Who knew chocolate-flavored sugar existed?

Oh, and we're planning a small Thanksgiving dinner for about five or six of us. I'm so bummed about missing the Davis thanksgiving, and so jealous that y'all get to be in South Carolina and I don't! And, to make things worse, not only do I have class that day (and Wednesday and Friday), I have a presentation worth 10 percent of my grade in Danish that day, so I can't skip it. Which means apple pie has to be made Wednesday night. We're going to eat early and then meet up with the other DIS kids living at DIK, because DIS gave us 2,000 kroner for Thanksgiving - mostly being used to buy a turkey and beer and wine. We decided to have our own Thanksgiving instead of joining in to the bring-your-own-dish dinner because we fear 30 people bringing mashed potatoes. Which reminds me, my goal for the day is to find sweet potatoes. Could be a bit challenging...

Anyway, sorry this post was a bit boring. I'm not up to much exciting, other than taking my last midterm and wading through the sea of term papers due in the next couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is Nov. 21, meaning ONLY A MONTH LEFT IN DENMARK! Hooray!
(It's not that I don't love Denmark, but I am tired of living here without my friends and family and I am very tired of our fly-infested kitchen, and I am tired of the cold and dark, and I am just ready to go home and back to school. I'm sure I'll miss København once I'm back in the States, but for now, the grass seems greener on the other side of the pond.)

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so cute--chocolate flavored sugar? barbara would like that. We will toast you on Thursday.
Dad says there was an NPR story on Denmark this morning, log on to npr if you get a chance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home