Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

..:And the winners are

Well, grab my saddle and call me Aunt Fannie, because I am blown away by the election results (sort of). If you told me a year ago that the Dems would have been in control of the House and were within one of controlling the Senate, I would have hugged you but then thought you were crazy.

It's nice that the national mindset is changing (maybe our country can start FIXING itself FINALLY!), but coming back to reality, I live in RepublicanLand and seem to have always done so.

In case y'all live in holes...

  • Perry wins...Kinky makes a 12 percent dent
  • Barton whomps the competition, surprise surprise
  • Sanford wins (but forgets his photo I.D. Even the Danish newspapers made fun of him for this.)
  • Ravenel beats Grady Patterson (!)
  • Marriage in South Carolina is formally defined as between a man and a woman (sigh)
  • We have recounts in SC for Lt.Gov. and Education Superintendent
  • McMaster's back, which means another nonproductive several years of SC legislature, because they and the Gov'nah will be fighting the whole time
  • Dairy trumps pigs, as Hugh stays in office instead of Emile
It's so weird to care about two state elections. I don't think I have that much invested in Texas elections at the moment, yet I vote there, and the South Carolina elections directly affect me so much, yet I have to sit back and watch as others decide. Frustrating...

South Cackalack results
Texas results
National results

Also, I was really, truly surprised that Leiberman won. That son of a gun really does have Joementum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home