Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dark, dreary Denmark

The darkness here is really starting to get to me, and this isn't even the worst of it. It's dark by 4:45 now, and not light until 8. It's also cold, windy, and very often rainy. It's very disorienting for it to get dark so early; I never have any idea what time it is. I can't spend much time outside, and my room in Albertslund is like a little white jail cell (with nice hardwood floors). We also don't have lightbulbs (or light fixtures, really, they apparently got stolen?) in our common rooms, so I can't do my studying out there. There's light in the kitchen, but we also have a fly infestation. A bad one. Not having a computer is a torturous experience. Not only do I not have any music, I can't watch movies, I can't look at my old pictures, I can't type papers, I can't use the Internet for any number of things I enjoy doing for many hours, and I can't talk to people.

A bunch of other stuff (papers, lack of $$, meager food supplies) has me rather down in the dumps as well. No wonder this country has such a high suicide rate. But I got free Thai food courtesy of the IT department on Thursday night, went to a DIS Halloween party at the Happy Pig last night (I was white trash, my back story was perfection), had fun with Tara this afternoon and am off to eat Jacq's food and then go to what should be a fun party at another kollegium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home