Read more! Jess in Denmark

The life and times of everyone's favorite Jess while she's living it up in Europe.

Monday, December 11, 2006

I really am boring.

Since Thursday, I've been in a fantastic mood...finished my last paper, aced a final, landed a sweet spring internship... Classes are very nearly over (ONE MORE DAY), Julefrokoster are happening all the time, the trains run all night on Fridays, Christmas decorations are everywhere in Copenhagen, I get to sleep a lot...

Whereas with school, once I'm done with most of my work, I just want to stay, I'm still ready to go home, back to my life. It's been an awesome four months, but also a long four months!

I guess I don't really have too much to say...tonight my CAC class is throwing a Chanukah party - we actually have a bunch of Jewish girls in the class and my friends Emily and Kendra got their moms to mail over huge boxes of Chanukah-decorated things, menorahs and dreidels. I'm actually about to go help peel potatoes for latkes right now...

Oh. Saturday night, we painted a wall in the common room of the block Abbie and I share. It was pretty sweet then, but in the daylight, it looks pretty bad...bad enough that I'm considering buying some black paint and painting over it all...maybe except for the unicorn. I'll post a picture eventually.

And, in a Slate article about the proposed moon base, Gregg Easterbrook gives us what might be the best Bush slogan ever: "No Price Too High To Accomplish Nothing." I thought some of you might enjoy that as much as I did.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pickled herring is actually rather good, and you may have like the salmon; no fish dinners planned in Waxahachie while you are here.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Abbie said...

I am truly touched that you would consider leaving the unicorn, even if you painted over everything else. Even if Ronni and Georgian think its ugly.

Touched.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home